The mission of the Center for Public Health Practice is to improve the practice of public health across Colorado through practitioner excellence. We intend to accomplish this by working collaboratively in Practice-Based Learning, Workforce Development, and Community Project Development. Our Advisory Board was established in the fall of 2009 to help guide us in this work.
The Board of Advisors is comprised of members who represent public health agencies and community groups across Colorado:
- Tillman Farley, MD, Director, Medical Services, Salud Family Health Centers
- Former Senator Bob Hagedorn
- Pam Hanes, PhD
- Mark Johnson, MD, MPH Executive Director, Jefferson County Dept. of Health & Environment
- Kathy Kennedy, DrPh, MA, Director, RIHEL
- Kathleen Matthews, Office of Planning & Partnerships, Colorado Dept of Public Health & Environment
- Joni Reynolds, RN/NCS, MSN, Public Health Director, Colorado Dept of Public Health & Environment
- Terri Richardson, MD, Director, Kaiser East Internal Medicine, Clinical Director African American Center of Excellence (AACE)
- Andrew Strickland, Environmental Health & Safety Director, CH2M Hill Companies, Ltd.
- Lee Thielen, Thielen Consulting
- Chris J Wiant, MPH, PhD, President and CEO, Caring for Colorado
- Anthony P Young Psy D, President, Rocky Mountain Association of Black Psychologists
- Levi Bonnell, CO School of Public Health Student Council
The Advisory Board meets quarterly.