The training was very well organized, well taught, I appreciate the fact that it was offered in many communities so we could fit our schedules and we could be in small groups.
Public Health/Parks and Recreation Summit: For the Sake of Equity
Due to technical difficulties, no video footage is available.
- Welcome: Mayor Herb Atchison, City of Westminster
- Keynote - What is Equity, Anyway?: Sarah Hernandez and Viashnavi Hariprasad – Office of Health Equity- CDPHE
- Visualizing Healthy Eating/Active Living and Recreation Data: Devon Williford and Ben White – Center for Health and Environmental Data
- Food Equity in Colorado – Challenges, Opportunities and Creative Solutions: Coby Gould (Grow Haus), Neambe Leadon (Denver Food Rescue), Patience Kabwasa (Colorado Springs Food Rescue)
- Cultivating our Future: Inclusion and Equity in the Outdoors: Kim Barret, Julian Beltran, Emily Berger, Laura Carillo, Pita De la Rosa, Bella Martinez – cityWILD
- Engaging Equity in Denver – A Work in Progress: Happy Haynes – Denver Parks & Recreation
- Engaging Westwood Residents in Parks and Built Enviornment Transformations: Rachel Cleaves
- Closing Remarks by the PHPR Collaborative: Jo Burns & Justin Cutler
Click here to view/download the full agenda.
Click here to view/download speaker bios.
Click here to view more event photos.
Click here to view the attendee list.
Organizations Represented by Summit Speakers
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246
303-692-2247 or 303-691-4052
Mailing Address: PO Box 883, Denver, CO 80201-0883
Visit us at: 1620 E. 36th Avenue (corner of 36th Ave. & Franklin)
Denver, CO 80205
702 E Boulder Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
2590 Walnut Street,
Denver, CO 80205
645 Parfet Street
Lakewood, CO 80215
4751 York Street
Denver, Colorado 80216
1410 Grant Street, Suite D210
Denver, Colorado 80203
740 Simms St
Lakewood, CO 80401