This (online module: "Tobacco's Toll and Tobacco Control") was great! I learned a lot. Probably more … than I have learned from working in tobacco control for a year.
Patient Navigator Fundamentals is a three-day in-person course with an online course component designed to improve your patient navigation skills. Topics in this comprehensive "Level 1" training include patient communication, health promotion, professional conduct and motivational interviewing. Don‘t miss this opportunity to network with other patient navigators!
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Patient navigation history and new developments
- Patient communication strategies
- Assessing patient strengths and barriers
- Patient resources
- Ethical decision making
- Patient confidentiality
- Health promotion
- Assess patient readiness to change
- Health literacy
- Introduction to motivational interviewing
- Define MI
- Understand the four essential processes of MI: Engaging, Focusing, Evoking and Planning
- Demonstrate the four communication skills used in MI across processes
- Demonstrate the use of importance and confidence in MI in eliciting motivation
- Demonstrate the skill of developing a SMART Plan
COST AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
When you register you will choose one of the following three options:
Current Patient Navigators (IN Colorado): FREE
- Because this training is free to patient navigators in Colorado, it is in high demand. If you are not able to attend all three days and complete all coursework (including online pre-work) please do not register for this course at this time. This free course will be offered again
- Colorado residence and patient navigator status will be verified
- NOTE--CANCELLATION POLICY: Because of the high demand for this course, many people will be on a wait list. Please help us in allowing others to attend the training if you are unable. If you are unable to attend the course, you must cancel your registration at least 7 days (1 week) before the first day of training. If you cancel with less than 7 days (1 full week) notice you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. This fee will be assessed when you register for your next patient navigator training. To cancel you must send an email to email@example.com.
Colorado Program Managers, Supervisors or NOT a current Navigator: FREE
- This training program is intended first and foremost for patient navigators currently working in the field. Because of the overwhelming demand for this training, we must prioritize the limited spaces available. If you are a program manager or supervisor and NOT working as a patient navigator we will not confirm your participation until two weeks before the training. Thank you for your understanding.
Patient Navigators OUTSIDE Colorado: $400
- If you live or work outside Colorado, your space in the course will be confirmed once payment is made. Once you receive an email confirmation, please consider your space in the course assured.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: To cancel your registration and get a refund of registration fees, you must cancel at least 7 days (1 week) before the first day of training. If you cancel with less than 7 days (1 full week) notice your registration fee will be forfeited. Refunds will be issued to the credit card account from which it was paid within 14 days of your notice of cancellation. To cancel you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch is NOT provided.
- Email Confirmation: After you register you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive the email, your registration was not fully processed. If you do not receive the email confirmation, contact email@example.com.
- Wait list: If the course is full when you register, you will be placed on a wait list and notified if a space in the course opens.
- Certificate of completion: To receive a certificate of completion for this course you must attend and actively participate in all days of training AND complete all online pre-work prior to training. You will receive instructions for course pre-work in your confirmation email.
Provide valid email address! Please provide a valid email address when you register for the course. You will receive an automated confirmation email to this address that will provide instructions for you to complete online pre-coursework.
For more information about the Patient Navigator Training Collaborative, program, please visit http://www.patientnavigatortraining.org/