The course was very comprehensive; the instructors were at the top of their fields; networking time; sharing resources; hands-on activities.
We are migrating to a new registration system. Please register for this event at our new registration site here. Thank you for your patience while we are under construction.
In this online training, we’ll review from start to finish what to expect in a quality improvement (QI) project. This training was developed for people that will be helping to facilitate QI projects within their agency and are looking for tools, templates and experience with doing so. Registering for this training gives you access to an online toolkit, which includes these modules:
- The Process
- Scope & Resources
- LEAN Problem Solving
- Verifying Impact & Ensuring Sustainability – coming soon
You may access the materials within the toolkit in any order.
This is designed to be a resource you can easily return back to, as you need it.
The toolkit was developed in partnership with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s Office of Partnership, Planning and Improvement and the Colorado Association for Local Public Health Officials (CALPHO) for public health agencies in Colorado; however, those working in other states and in other settings may find it useful as well.
After participating in this training, learners will be able to:
- After participating in this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Utilize a set of quality improvement (QI) tools for problem solving
- Defining problems and measuring processes
- Process mapping
- Finding root causes (using the 5 Whys)
- Prioritizing solutions
- Creating an implementation plan and follow up
- Identify and treat root causes of waste and variation
- Utilize a set of facilitation and project management skills
- Demonstrate how to incorporate change management practices into their work
This training is free.
From within the toolkit, you will have the option to register to participate in Live Learning Sessions to further your learning and understanding of the material. These live learning sessions will be held via video, using Zoom, and will consist of activities and a facilitated discussion. The live learning sessions are entirely optional and will be offered on a rolling basis. You may participate in a single live learning session, or multiple ones, depending on your interest. Dates are listed in the toolkit.